Call
Map

EXTEND YOUR MOBILE REACH WITH A CROSS PLATFORM APP

Cross Platform Mobile Application Development

We build cross platform applications for modern mobile enterprises.  One App.  All Platforms.

We will build you a cross platform mobile application that will reach your audience across all mobile platforms while reducing your development costs.

Using the latest mobile development technology, we have created cross platform mobile applications for many happy clients in the fraction of the time required to build separate native apps.

Our clients enjoy the benefits of reduced maintenance time and cost while increasing audience engagement.

What is a cross platform mobile application?

A cross platform mobile application is an app that is built once and deployed to each of the three dominant mobile platforms – iOS, Android and Windows.  No need to invest in the development of three separate applications or maintaining three discrete apps.

Cross platform mobile applications are built to use a common code base shared across the three platforms.  Instead of building the same code base three times, you build it once and share it amongst all three platforms.

Why should you consider a cross platform mobile application?

Single native apps are ideal when your audience is using one device running one platform.  However, not many organisations can claim that their user base is on one mobile platform.  There are a number of scenarios where cross platform mobile applications should be considered:

  • Increased reach – When your audience, either customers or employees, use an array of mobile devices running different mobile platforms, cross platform mobile apps are a must.  With a single app, you can reach your entire audience across all devices and mobile platforms.
  • Reduced development costs – If you would like to get the most out of your budget, then a cross platform mobile application should be your choice.  By sharing a common code base, you are able to build three apps for the price of one.  No need to invest in three separate native applications.
  • Reduced maintenance – If your mobile application requires frequent updates to content, then a cross platform app is the way to go.  Changes that are made to the common code base are instantaneously applied to apps on all three platforms.  This reduces the effort, time and cost of updating three separate apps.
  • Uniform look and feel – Consistency is key for brand awareness.  A cross platform mobile app maintains consistency in functionality and appearance, ensuring your audience have a consistent customer experience.

How we build cross platform mobile applications

Solentive-built cross platform mobile applications cost 60% less to build and are deployed faster than three discreet native apps.

We build cross platform mobile applications using the latest mobile technology.  Our preferred tool is Xamarin.  With Xamarin, our developers can build 80-85% of the application as a common code base.  The remaining 15%, mainly the user interface, is built as a native app for each of the three platforms.

cross-platform-mobile-app-diagram

Who we’ve built cross platform mobile applications for

Mobilising client assessments at UNSW Medicine

A long standing client, UNSW Medicine, came to Solentive with a vision to automate and mobilise their student clinical assessments.  Having traditionally run paper-based assessments, the University wanted a better way to capture and disseminate assessment information.

Identifying that their users, students and assessors used an array of devices, both smartphones and tablets, across all three dominant mobile platforms, Solentive recommended a cross platform mobile application.

The application was built using the latest in mobile technology.  Xamarin and MVVMCross allowed the development team to build 85% of the app as a common code base and deploy quickly to the three app stores.  This meant reduced costs, faster development time and increased reach for UNSW Medicine.
 

Our Happy Clients

Enquire Now

Talk with a consultant today and discover how Solentive can help you!

.....

All enquires responded to within 1 business day.

Solentive communicated consistently throughout the project and we were able to meet with Solentive developers directly to solve the more complex tasks associated with the development of the application. Clayton Gilbert, Medicine Computing Support Unit, UNSW Medicine